Thursday, March 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hi, everyone! After much encouragement from my friends and family I decided to start this blog to document my thoughts and experiences while I am living and working in Zion National Park.  I moved here from Michigan one month ago to work as a front desk agent in the lodge and will be here for at least eight more months.

I'm not sure where to start, so I guess I'll show you my lovely office.  This is the Zion Lodge:
In the afternoon the lawn fills up with families picnicking and playing tag around the giant cottonwood tree.  There is usually a group of turkeys that marches across the lawn at sunrise, and if you're watchful you can spot foxes scurrying around at night.

Just a short stroll away is my newly remodeled dorm.  I live in the back so I have a great view of the canyon walls behind the building: 

I feel pretty lucky to live in a place with so much wildlife nearby.  I frequently see downy woodpeckers in the trees at the top of the stairs, and more than once I've nearly walked into a mule deer as I'm stumbling to breakfast in the morning.

The deer don't seem to be bothered by people at all, so it's pretty easy to get decent pictures of them.  It's my goal to get a great shot of a fox and a ringtail cat while I'm here, but in the meantime I'll share these:
 



Anywho, it's time for me to hit the hay.  More posts are coming soon, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment